About this user
Metrology world summit
Regional/ International Company meetings
Philippe Starck visit to Vietnam
About this listing
Christian Routin is a Transformational Speaker, Consultant, Trainer, Facilitator, Executive Coach, Interperter
In Cross Cultural, Soft Skills, Happiness.
Specialized in Vietnamese Culture and currently based in his native Vietnam. Christian has 28 years of practical international experience among which 10 years in Vietnam, gained by living and working with multicultural and multilingual teams across 12 countries.
Christian was born in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) and lived 20 years in Vietnam, 18 years in Saigon and 2 years in Hanoi. He is mixed French, Vietnamese and Italian and is fluent in Vietnamese, English, French, Italian and German.
He grew up in Saigon in a Vietnamese cultural environment until 9 and then moved to France. Once in France he lived with his Vietnamese family and kept on practicing Vietnamese. He has a double culture: French and Vietnamese.
Christian has 29 years of working experience in 3 fields:
5 years: Business Management: He co-created and co-managed 2 companies in The Netherlands and in Germany in the textile retail and e-commerce.
5 years: Hospitality Industry: He worked for companies such as Club Med, Hilton Hotels, Eiffel Tower and Sodhexo in France, Italy, Spain, Germany, The Maldives, Thailand and Malaysia with international teams and using up to 4 languages.
18 years: Education: Teacher, Tutor, Instructor, Trainer, Coach for a multi-cultural and multi-lingual public, from children up to adult in French, English, Economics, Scuba diving, Soft Skills, Intercultural in 12 countries.
In 1991-92, after achieving 2 Master Diplomas in Business Administration and Political Science in Paris, Christian worked in Hanoi as a Linguistic Attaché for the French Embassy. He taught French for different Universities and was responsible for training programs in 4 provinces of North Vietnam.
Back in Vietnam in 2009, Christian first worked as an English and French (IDECAF) teacher before becoming recruitment Senior Manager for Navigos Group, managing a team of 8; one his major task was to manage, build, coach and develop the soft skills of his Vietnamese team.
In 2010, he was teaching Business and Corporate English for a bank and 2 private language and Business schools and started to work with the corporate sector as a freelancer but also with training companies in Vietnam, consulting in HR, training, recruitment, designing and implementing corporate trainings. In May 2011 he was appointed by the CEO of the French company Officience, one of his former clients, at the position of Interim Head of Business Unit, managing a team of 27 Vietnamese staff and Managers.
He is an associate cross cultural trainer and coach for 15 renowned international Cross Cultural training and relocation companies: Global Dynamics, Dean Foster Associates, IOR Global Services, Crown Relocations, BGRS (ex Brookfield), Global LT, ICUnet.AG, Cultural Awareness International, Cartus, Santa Fe, Resident, Global Training Partners and Intercultural Competence, WorldWideConnect, Communicaid and World Trade Resource.
Soft Skills, Corporate English Trainer and Coach for 8 international companies: Towers Watson, ITD, Edith Punt Consultancy, Asia Resource Network, NGG Consulting, Asia Leap, VP Consulting, Hemsley-Fraser and Speak-First.
And 9 local partners: French Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam, CTS (Corporate Training Solutions), ERC University (Singapore), Mekong Train, SRI Consulting, Mindwork Training, TUV, Pans Experts, Master service (Translation/Interpretation).
He is Honorary Principal for U.K. Academy, an international private school belonging to Nguyen Hoang Group.
• He is a Dean Foster Associates, IOR, Cartus, Cultural Awareness International and Prudential Cross Cultural Certified Trainer (Adult and Youth)
• Johnson&Johnson certified facilitator for the company’s Leadership Development Program
• Honorary Principal of UK Academy, a private international school network based in Vietnam
• Train the trainer
• Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam: Best Speaker. The topic of the presentation was "Why is it difficult to work with Vietnamese?”
• 6 From Cartus: Cross Cultural Trainer Certificate of Excellence 2013, Service Achievement Award 2015, Regional Collaborator Award 2016, Service Excellence Award 2016 and 2017, Intercultural Collaborator Award 2017
• From Dean Fosters Associates (Dwellworks): Best Supplier of the Year 2016 nominee
• Acting for TV commercial, TV series in Vietnamese
• Photo Modeling for press advertising
• MC for events in 3 languages: English, French and Vietnamese (All three at the same time if requested)
• TV host for Vietnamese TV programs, in Vietnamese
List of companies served:
Bayer - Kimberly-Clark - Starbucks - Mastercard - Microsoft - Coca-Cola - PepsiCo - General Motors - Ford - General Electric - Visa - Monsanto- Johnson&Johnson - Boeing -