About this user
A few major assignments:
ENGLISH-FRENCH-ITALIAN simultaneous interpreting assignments for several International Meetings on behalf of European Committee of the Regions; Council of Europe, EU Commission.
ENGLISH-ITALIAN simultaneous interpreting assignment for UN AGENCY UNGSC 25th Anniversary. Brindisi, Italy - Interpreting for the UN Secretary General, António Guterres. "At the UN Global Service Centre in Brindisi, Italy, the #UnitedNations leverages cutting-edge technology to provide support for #UNPeacekeeping, political and humanitarian operations worldwide.
One-month long ENGLISH-FRENCH simultaneous interpreting assignment on behalf of UN AGENCY UNLB United Nations Logistics Base Brindisi, Italy: Inter-governmental Cameroon Nigeria Mixed Commission - Line of the Watershed Workshop – PEACE AGREEMENT - United Nations Logistics Base - Brindisi, Italy
several ENGLISH-FRENCH-ITALIAN simultaneous interpreting assignments for government-level meetings for former Minister of Agriculture of Canada Lawrence MacAulay (Embassy of Canada) / G7 AGRICULTURE; G20 ENVIRONMENT, CETA negotiations
ENGLISH-ITALIAN simultaneous interpreting assignment for Official mission of Italian Minister for Economic Development, to the FOLLOW-UP INTERNATIONAL UN CONFERENCE ON FINANCING FOR DEVELOPMENT TO REVIEW THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE MONTERREY CONSENSUS - DOHA, QATAR
ENGLISH-FRENCH-ITALIAN simultaneous & consecutive interpreting assignments for GlaxoSmithKline S.p.A. ITALY
ENGLISH-FRENCH-ITALIAN simultaneous & consecutive interpreting CONTRACT: DG 5, Employment and Social Affairs, EU Commission, Brussels.
ENGLISH-FRENCH-ITALIAN simultaneous & consecutive interpreting assignments for EMILIA-ROMAGNA Regional Government
About this listing
REMOTE SIMULTANEOUS INTERPRETING &
ON-SITE SIMULTANEOUS INTERPRETING SERVICES
(Languages: ENGLISH - FRENCH - ITALIAN)
My name is MARIA PIA FALCONE.
I graduated as Professional Conference Interpreter (MA) from the University of Trieste (Italy), Dpt. of Modern Languages, Translation and Conference Interpreting.
My working languages are: ITALIAN (A: mother tongue) - ENGLISH (B) - FRENCH (B) (according to AIIC classification.
I am an AIIC Professional Conference Interpreter & Consultant
AIIC is the Int'l Association of Professional Conference Interpreters.
I'm based in Bologna (Italy).
I'm available as a professional Conference Interpreter for both online and onsite international events.
I can offer a longstanding professional experience (I have so far translated more than six thousand int'l conferences, both REMOTELY and on site, both in Italy & abroad, in several sectors (medicine, pharmaceutical companies, science, technology, environmental sciences and technologies, international affairs and politics, banking, finance, economics, insurance, law, patents, business, culture, literature, film industry, vocational trainign and education, trade unions, social sciences and politics, women's studies, EU projects, etc. on behalf of language service providers, MICE industry, high profile institutions, Embassies, UN agencies, EU institutions, & leading public/private bodies/firms, universities, NGOs,trade & business associations.
Working terms and conditions:
- One simultaneous interpreter for one-hour-long assignments (both remotely and in presence)
- A team of at least 2 simultaneous interpreters for half-day assignments (longer than one hour, up to max four working hours (both remotely and in presence)
- INTERPRETING RATE:
- The half-day rate is calculated on a lumpsum basis per each interpreter, both for On-site and Remote Simultaneous Interpreting services.
- Hence, two half-day rates should be considered for two interpreters working in the same team for half-day assignments.
- The full half-day rate shall be paid, even if the event lasts less than scheduled. It cannot be broken up in hourly units.
- No hourly rates are applicabled.
- Should the event be organized in another location, where interpreters are required to be physically present, additional travel and accommodation costs should be considered on top of the interpreter's rate.
- Ad hoc quotations available
- An agenda and working documents and/or presentations /speeches should be made available in advance to allow proper preparation in view of the event to be translated.
- I will be happy to provide you with my professional consulting services in setting up the two-interpreters' team working with the same language pair and/or multi-language teams.
- I will also be available to advise you on the choice of the best technological solution /software/platform to organise a Remote Simultaneous Interpreting service for your international event.
I will therefore be delighted be deliver my professional interpreting and consulting services for your international multilanguage events.
I'd like to become your partner and contribute to the success of your international events and provide you with the best professional language, interpreting and technical solutions for your international multi-language, multi-team business meetings & events, both remotely, online and on site, both in Italy & abroad.
More information is available on request, also on my website and social media.
Thank you. Maria Pia Falcone (The Interpreters)